Investor Relations Policy
Ascott Residence Trust Management Limited (the "Manager"), the manager of the Ascott Residence Trust (the "Ascott REIT") is committed to sustainable and effective communication with Ascott REIT's retail and institutional unitholders (the "Unitholders"). The investor relations policy (the "IR Policy") outlines the channels and processes of the Manager to ensure timely, effective, unbiased and transparent communication with Unitholders and the investment community. In this IR Policy, references to the investment community includes Ascott REIT's potential investors as well as analysts who reviews Ascott REIT's performance.
- General Policy
- At all times, the Manager is committed to making timely full and accurate disclosure and distributing other corporate communications materials* in accordance with the Listing Manual of the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited ("SGX-ST") and the Singapore Code of Corporate Governance 2012, issued by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
*Other corporate communication materials refer to any document issued or to be issued by the Manager for the information or action of its Unitholders, including, but not limited to, the annual report, a notice of meeting, a circular and a proxy form.
- This IR Policy is reviewed regularly to ensure its effectiveness. Updates and amendments (as appropriate) will be made to reflect current best practices in our communication with Unitholders and the investment community.
- Communication Principles
- The Manager strives to provide pertinent and accurate information to its Unitholders and the investment community in an effective and timely manner.
- The Manager will use clear and plain language in its communication with its Unitholders.
- The Manager endeavours to provide a consistent level of disclosure on both positive and negative issues.
- The Manager will communicate only through its designated spokespersons.
- The Manager does not respond to rumours. However, if rumours indicate that material information has been leaked or they are in fact false or inaccurate, the rumours will be promptly denied or clarified via announcements made through SGXNET to SGX-ST.
- The Manager will give reasonable access to analysts and the media to help them formulate informed opinions of the Ascott REIT, but will not seek to influence those opinions.
- During the two weeks before the time of announcement of the Ascott REIT's results for the first three quarters and during the one month before the time of announcement of Ascott REIT's full year results, the Manager observes a "black-out period" and will avoid commenting about financial results and the performance of Ascott REIT that have not been announced and any market outlook.
- Ascott REIT’s Website
- Ascott REIT has a dedicated website, www.ascottreit.com, which contains all information relating to Ascott REIT, from the REIT structure to the portfolio information. All announcements, press releases and presentations issued on SGXNET will be updated on Ascott REIT's website as soon as practicable after their release. Unitholders and potential stakeholders have 24-hour access to Ascott REIT's website for information.
- There is an Investor Relations section on Ascott REIT's website which will list all announcements, publications including circulars and annual reports, tax refund procedures, general frequently asked questions and corporate governance framework in relation to the Ascott REIT. Ascott REIT's trading unit price is also made available on the website on an approximately 15-minute delay basis.
- Unitholders can subscribe to email alerts to receive updates whenever there are any press releases issued by Ascott REIT.
- Quarterly Results Reporting
- The Manager has implemented quarterly financial reporting for Ascott REIT since inception. Financial results and other price sensitive public announcements are presented in a balanced and understandable assessment of Ascott REIT's performance and prospects.
- Annually, at least two briefings are conducted for the analysts and the media in relation to half year and full year financial results. In the event that there are major announcements, the Manager may also hold meetings to brief the analysts and the media. During such briefings, there will be a presentation by the Manager on the results or the related transaction announcement, followed by a question and answer session for the analysts and media who attend the briefings.
- All Unitholders shall be sent a copy of the notice of AGM within three months after the close of the financial year. Unitholders may also download a copy of Ascott REIT's Annual Report from Ascott REIT's website at www.ascottreit.com (printed copies of Ascott REIT's Annual Report are available upon request) prior to the AGM.
- General Meetings
- Unitholders are encouraged to attend the AGM held in April annually. Ascott REIT's trustee and the Manager's board of directors will be present at the AGM to answer Unitholders' questions relevant to the meeting. The Chief Executive Officer of the Manager will also present the performance and strategies of Ascott REIT for the past year.
- Unitholders will receive the Notice of AGM where the resolutions are detailed and a proxy form. Unitholders who are unable to attend and vote at the AGM can appoint proxies to attend, speak and vote on their behalf. The proxy forms are to be submitted 48 hours before the AGM.
- As and when an Extraordinary General Meeting (“EGM”) of the Unitholders is to be held, each Unitholder will receive a copy of a circular to Unitholders which contains the details of the matters to be proposed for Unitholders' consideration and approval. The notice of EGM which sets out all items of business to be transacted at the EGM is also announced on SGXNET and advertised in the local business newspapers.
- Similar to AGMs, Unitholders who are unable to attend and vote at the EGM can appoint proxies to attend, speak and vote on their behalf. The proxy forms are to be submitted 48 hours before the EGM.
- At the AGM/EGM, Unitholders are given the opportunity to air their views and ask questions regarding the matters to be tabled at the AGM/EGM.
- Electronic voting is used at Ascott REIT's AGM and EGM for all resolutions. The results of the poll are shown on the screen immediately after each poll is conducted. An announcement will be released on SGXNET detailing the number and percentage of votes received FOR or AGAINST each resolution and whether each resolution has been carried.
- Investment Community Communications
- The Manager communicates with investors, analysts on a regular basis through the analysts and media briefings, one-on-one meetings with investors, deal and non-deal roadshows, conferences, and teleconferences.
- Property tours are arranged or conducted for local and overseas investors upon request to educate and familiarise them with Ascott REIT's properties.
- All presentations for roadshows and conferences are also uploaded on SGXNET and Ascott REIT website to ensure consistency in information sharing.
- Unitholders' Enquiries
- For update of personal particulars such as change of address, Unitholders will have to contact The Central Depository (Pte) Limited at:
CDP Customer Services
Hotline: (65) 6535 7511
9 North Buona Vista Drive
#01-19/20 The Metropolis
Tel: +65 6535 7511
Fax: +65 6535 0775
- Unitholders can contact our Unitholder registrar at the following address:
Boardroom Corporate & Advisory Services Pte. Ltd.
50 Raffles Place, #32-01 Singapore Land Tower,
Tel: +65 6536 5355
Fax: +65 6536 1360
- Unitholders can pose questions via a dedicated "Ask Us" email address at firstname.lastname@example.org, and have their queries addressed accordingly. Or send an email directly to the Vice President, Investor Relations & Asset Management at email@example.com. The main line of the Manager is +65 6713 2888. For media contact, they can send an email directly to the Vice President, Group Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Unitholders' Privacy
- The Manager recognises the importance of Unitholders' privacy and will not disclose Unitholders' information without their consent, unless required by law to do so.